Advertising has changed forever, and yet aspects of it remain unchanged. The challenge for car dealers and automotive advertising agencies is to identify the differences.
What has changed?
The main element of change is of course the internet, and more specifically, how consumers have changed their media consumption habits and consequently, their path to purchase from your business or one of your competitors.
What has remained the same is that you still need creative with cut-through, you still need to make the right media choices, you still need to reinforce your brand with every communication and if you want customers to act on advertising, there needs to be something in it for them.
The Challenges in Developing Effective Advertising
In this age of profound media fragmentation, there are many challenges in developing effective campaigns. These include:
- Which channel do you choose for your advertising campaign?
- Which media channel is the most effective?
- Is there a single media channel that you can use, or do you need to use a number of channels to convey a message?
- Is the newspaper dead?
- With streaming services like Netflix, does anyone watch TV anymore? (Answer: yes, but you need to be more discerning than ever with your media buys)
- Everyone says that you must ‘go digital’ … But on which platforms?
- How do you know if the campaign will work? You don’t want to waste your money.
How to Develop Effective Advertising
We recommend that you consider the following techniques when developing effective advertising campaigns:
- Take the time to plan the campaign so that you can consider a range of media options, consider what offers may be appealing to your customers, and have the time to review campaign creative concepts without having the pressure of a looming 5pm deadline.
- Ensure that your advertising has a customer-centric focus. Your advertising is for your customers – not for you. This may seem counter-intuitive initially, but as it is your customers who you want act on the advertising, more effective advertising talks directly to the needs and wants of your customers.
- If your budget allows, consider mass reaching media options to carry your campaign, including TV, radio, print (newspaper or local area flyers), and cinema advertising if you have already got the TVC or video.
- Be clear on who your target audience is and what kinds of media they consume. Baby Boomers in the 55+ category still tend to consume traditional media (TV, AM radio and print) over digital media platforms. If you target audience is 18-24, then naturally your campaign will be mostly on digital platforms. Hire us to discuss more car dealership promotion ideas.
Example of Effective Advertising
“How do you close a well-known family dealership in a way that when the owner walks into the local pub, people don’t whisper to themselves . . . “Didn’t they go broke”?”Read More
Types of Advertising We Create
We produce the following advertising services for our clients:
- Advertising strategy
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Google Adwords campaigns
- Email marketing
- Online display banners
- Direct mail campaigns
- TV advertising
- Radio advertising
- Social media marketing including paid Facebook and Instagram advertising
- Mobile advertising including display, SMS and MMS
- Media buying services
Book a Free Consultation
If you need a hand in creating your next advertising campaign then why not take advantage of our first free consultation? What have you got to lose? We might just be the automotive advertising agency that you are looking for to help you take your dealership to the next level. Hire us for your car dealership advertising and implementing new car dealership promotion ideas now.Contact Us